Light Bleaching Acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter Opah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Opah

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acro frag started bleaching. It's fairly close to the MH bulb (~12"). Lighting is 4 x t5 + 2 x 400W MH 20k. Par is ~400. Other across and sps are doing fine. I had tried to acclimate with frag rack, but could only get up to 250 par. I did ramp up the lights by about 30 minutes a day until it MH were on for 8 hours. I'm planning on reducing the duration of the MH from 8 hours to 1 hour on -> 15 min off -> 1 hour on and ramp up. Any advice?

Parameters
salinity 35 ppt
alk 8.6
ph 8.3
mag 1395
calcium 450
nitrate 3 ppm
phosphate 0.017289 mg/l
System is 11 years old

tempImagezxxCeN.png
 
Last edited:
Other acro and sps
 

Attachments

  • tempImageuB8yce.png
    tempImageuB8yce.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • tempImageU5ZTdK.png
    tempImageU5ZTdK.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • tempImagey4ZqE1.png
    tempImagey4ZqE1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • tempImagezR7TMg.png
    tempImagezR7TMg.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 55

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new