Light fixture(T5 or MH?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter VTek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VTek

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2015
Messages
136
Reaction score
40
Location
North Liberty, IA.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Layin in bed at the moment when I remembered something. Wanted to post while it were fresh in my mind.

When I purchased my tank/stand pre-owned, it also came with a light fixture. Since the bulbs were not in the greatest condition, I decided to start completely new with a couple Radions. I know absolutely nothing about either T5 or MH because I decided to go the LED route. So, my question is, is there a special fixture between T5 or MH or is strictly speaking of a bulb type? I have no idea what this fixture is. Beings it has just been sitting in my closet the last 13 months, it crossed my mind the setup a hybrid. Can anyone tell me more about this fixture/bulb type? Cannot find any sort of model number or any markings other than 'coraline'. Here are a few pics:
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455437595.167288.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455437676.923767.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455437688.000625.jpg


Thanks
 
Those are power compact bulbs. 65 watt each I believe. I wouldn't worry about trying to use it for much since it's a fairly dated lighting system
 
would this type of fixture work if i replaced the PC's with T5s or would i need a completely different fixture?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new