Light for a 17"x17"x12" frag tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled my refugium a few months ago ago after starting bio pellets. Now I have this empty space. I'm considering using it as a frag tank. Lighting is my main issue here. I have t5's on the main system and would love to go that way but with that size it just doesn't seem possible. So on to LEDs. What suggestions do you have that would work there. My first thought was a 12x3watt eshines unit. I figured it would be plenty but not sure. What do you have available? It must be SPS capable. But not looking to spend a fortune. Thanks in advance.
John

sutton6989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could e mail reefbreeders from there website.. they might now check a forum often. But everytime I have email them they get back to me within 24hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
jgraz

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They actually just made a post this morning. So Im sure they saw it. Ive heard good things about the lights so I was hoping to hear something from them. I considered a Par 38 but with that kind of spread I figure id lose some punch and seeing as though Im looking for something that will cover SPS that might not do it. Ive actually been leaning towards T5 so I guess it really doesn't matter anyway. Thanks for the help, both of you.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back