Lighting For Aquarium

TeamFortress_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am new to saltwater aquariums but have experience with freshwater aquariums. I live in Indonesia and I as just wondering if the following light is sufficient or overkill for the following corals and anemones.

Frogspawn, Hammer Coral, Green Bubble Tip Anemones, Xenia Polyps and Green Star Polyps.

I have not bought any of these yet but I am planning to. I am planning on housing these coral in a 40x40x40cm aquarium.

Link to Product: https://tokopedia.link/phF1YpySYHb

Heres is the translated description from Indo to English:

12x3watt...36watt ☀️blue 5 ☀️royal blue 4 ☀️coll white 2 ☀️warm/full spectrum/green 1 You can choose lenses inside...or outside, Aluminum cover dimensions width 10cm..length..36 cm..or customize.., include fan and temperature sensor, 12v adapter..5 amp, Acrylic feet dimmer 2 ch

Or should I get this one instead: https://tokopedia.link/RM8YiXKSYHb. Also, if I should get this one, which variant.

Translated Description:

Per eye: Blue 8, Red 2, Green 2

TYPE / Watts / SIZE AQUARIUM
- V200: 8.0W / 22-33cm / 48LED
- V300: 10W / 28-43cm / 60 LEDs
- V400: 14W / 38-53cm / 84 LEDs
- V500: 18W / 48-63cm /108 LEDs
- V600: 20W / 58-73cm / 120 LEDs
- V800: 26W / 78-93cm / 156 LEDs

Thanks

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used that light but going by the specs I would say it’s under powered. For cube thank that size the standard would be something closer to 100watts. All the corals would do ok at 36watts but I’d venture a guess the anemone would be reaching for light and pretty unhappy.

OP
OP
TeamFortress_dude

TeamFortress_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used that light but going by the specs I would say it’s under powered. For cube thank that size the standard would be something closer to 100watts. All the corals would do ok at 36watts but I’d venture a guess the anemone would be reaching for light and pretty unhappy.
Well, I am planning on keeping 2 little designer clownfish and mainly just wanted the anemone for the clownfish. Will the clownfish still be happy without the anemones as getting a more expensive light will go over my budget.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am planning on keeping 2 little designer clownfish and mainly just wanted the anemone for the clownfish. Will the clownfish still be happy without the anemones as getting a more expensive light will go over my budget.

I have had clownfish that had anemones in the tank and never showed them interest and chose to live under the powerhead. Not sure how “happy” they were, but they acted normal and lived decades. In my experience clowns only benefit from an anemone if you have aggressive fish in the tank with them.

OP
OP
TeamFortress_dude

TeamFortress_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had clownfish that had anemones in the tank and never showed them interest and chose to live under the powerhead. Not sure how “happy” they were, but they acted normal and lived decades. In my experience clowns only benefit from an anemone if you have aggressive fish in the tank with them.
Ok thank you. I was thinking that clownfish need an anemone or something

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
TeamFortress_dude

TeamFortress_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to my aquarium store and they recomended the Spectra v1 Akuanight. Is this good enough for corals and anemones.

Products Link:https://tokopedia.link/CYzkPhQs0Hb

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back