OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is happy, let it be. I have the older Nicrew and just had it running on a timer. No ramp up or down, only 1 on/off. I have the controller with B M W buttons and I set the Blue all the way up and White up 1 click from 0. White isn't completely necessary for the corals and is mostly for your viewing preferences. (Some corals do get benefit from the white spectrum but so do most algae).
Mine just has the + and -, as well as the power and set. Mine ramps up starting from turning on, to taking about 15 minutes to fully ramp up / down. i may need to adjust the timing but currently the only thing in my tank is bristleworms (harmless ones). Came from a live rock i deliberately got from petco.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only problem: seems to only have a bracket for rimless tanks - i don't own a single rimless tank!
My tank is rimmed as well. I use the stock mount and attached it to a little wooden bracket I made that attaches to the back of my stand.

It's basically just a "L" of plywood with the end that attaches to the light trimmed down to about 1/4" thickness so it fits the light mount. With a different setup you could probably get along using something even simpler.

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is rimmed as well. I use the stock mount and attached it to a little wooden bracket I made that attaches to the back of my stand.

It's basically just a "L" of plywood with the end that attaches to the light trimmed down to about 1/4" thickness so it fits the light mount. With a different setup you could probably get along using something even simpler.
Unfortunately, I don't do woodwork! Or have any tools for woodwork...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back