Light help

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah

Yeah and I want to order tonight to get this done by the vacation !!
Hummmm I'll go this way !!! Hahaha
Lol.
Don't look at that the geismann. Its lighting eye candy. You need to focus!

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one too now Im more confuse any pro sps who can say this is the best for sps nothing can beat that set up
I was shocked to learn that Adam of Battlecorals uses the Reefbreeder Photon V1's and V2's for his LED selections.

I have one of the V2's and I find it amazing. Felt even better about it when I found out he uses them.

OP
OP
kamikazereefer

kamikazereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was shocked to learn that Adam of Battlecorals uses the Reefbreeder Photon V1's and V2's for his LED selections.

I have one of the V2's and I find it amazing. Felt even better about it when I found out he uses them.
Yeah I agree I know some store start to use the g4 to growth coral but after a lot of read a lot of video like brs and a lot of travel to see some tank
I always see the best result under hybrid
Halid t5 or led t5
Seem like the sps love the t5 lol

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given you already have the radions (which are great lights) and are willing to create a canopy / hood, I'd recommend adding two, 2 bulb T5 reftrofit to what you have. The T5 additions will reduce the shimmer in the tank (if you don't like that) and will help greatly if you have any shadowing. With the color options with the radions and the number of choices of quality T5 bulbs, you should be able to get about any color combination you want for your tank for viewing purposes. I can't imagine you running into spectrum issues either with that lighting combination.

vuqchu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the ATI. Hang it up and call it a day. If you can swing for the ATI hybrid powermodule then even better.

Jongalt26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps i can help because i have 2 radions, xr30 pro gen 4 and two t-5 fixtures, each with two bulbs and i love this set-up. I added t-5's to my system to reduce shadowing. I strongly looked at the geisemann aurora and almost bought it during a black friday sale but luckily they were out of stock. I think the LED pucks of the radions would be a better choice than the pucks on the geisemann (and ATI as well). A close friend has the 6 or 8 bulb ATI fixture with an actinic reefbrite strip. Both set-up are excellent however i love the ability to tune the colors with the radions. since you already have the radions, adding t-5's would also be the least expensive option.

of the two t-5 fixtures i have one hamilton beach and one giesemann. The reason for this is that i have the wider, shallower one in the front and the deeper slimmer one in the rear.

20170403_072941 (Custom).jpg

Gwitness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with adding the T5 Bulbs!!
I also run 3 gen 3 pros on my mixed reef and I added 2 T5 in front and 2 in the back and I love it and so do my corals! Sps and lps both are loving it....

I have a blue plus and coral plus in the front and in the back...

IMG_0416.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back