Light Mounting

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, So I recently picked up 3 Kessil A360WE & now have to figure out how to mount them above the tank. Wife says absolutely not to hanging them so I thought I might try to come up with an aluminum solution that will mount to the Current Orbit hangers. Any ideas with pics would be appreciated. I was thinking a 1/2"x1" by 60" bar & drill holes.
Tank.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, So I recently picked up 3 Kessil A360WE & now have to figure out how to mount them above the tank. Wife says absolutely not to hanging them so I thought I might try to come up with an aluminum solution that will mount to the Current Orbit hangers. Any ideas with pics would be appreciated. I was thinking a 1/2"x1" by 60" bar & drill holes.
Tank.jpg
What about the arm mounts with the extension kit? Basically its a 90 degree mounting arm, and then you use the extension kit that mounts to your stand. That way its not hanging, its not clamped to your tank :)
mounting-arm2.jpg

extension-mount1.jpg

accessories_extensionmount_img03.jpg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could also hang from shelf brackets. 10x easier to patch some screw holes on a wall than a ceiling if the tank moves later.

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it backs up to a floor to ceiling door type window I can't mount the to the wall
What about the arm mounts with the extension kit? Basically its a 90 degree mounting arm, and then you use the extension kit that mounts to your stand. That way its not hanging, its not clamped to your tank :)
mounting-arm2.jpg

extension-mount1.jpg

accessories_extensionmount_img03.jpg
Tanks been setup to long to make this work. I can't get behind .tank
Thanks

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If can get to the sides of the tank. Could always create a box around the tank that turns into a canopy. Paint the ply wood to match the stand and use calk and molding to hide where they meet.

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't really want a canopy. My main thought is to get a piece of Aluminum Bar 1/2" thick 3/4" wide by 48-60" long, drill holes in it to hang the lights & lay that on top of the hangers the are holding the Current orbit marines on it now. they have slots so all I would need to do is drill holes & find some stainless bolts to hold it in place.

Ahogue21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got 80/20 material from tnutz.com on the way think it will be here thurs so once i kinda get it together ill post pics

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back