Light purchase Smatfarm G3 settings

vasilli2416

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,
Just started up a reef tank about 2 months ago and purchased a new light last week the Smatfarm G3. There are 3 channels A,B,C in the custom settings. Just wondering if anyone has this light and what they have it set at. I see lots of pictures of deep purple and looking to get that effect when its running at daytime. I have LPS and SPS in the tank currently. I have a 13.5 gallon Fluval saltwater tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest if I were you I would go with a Kessil A80 much easier to use than a Smart Farm and it's only 28 dollars more than the Smart Farm. I've had experience with both Smartfarm controls are harder and more time consuming.

camilenoel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,
Just started up a reef tank about 2 months ago and purchased a new light last week the Smatfarm G3. There are 3 channels A,B,C in the custom settings. Just wondering if anyone has this light and what they have it set at. I see lots of pictures of deep purple and looking to get that effect when its running at daytime. I have LPS and SPS in the tank currently. I have a 13.5 gallon Fluval saltwater tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a similar set up, 14g cube and am working on setting up this same light but have been having trouble finding recommendations. Im with you in that I want my blue spectrums to be more prominent than white and avoiding red and green as much as possible based on what I’ve been reading about light settings. No corals for me yet, as I’m letting my tank mature a bit before introducing them but I’ll let you know if I find any info I think would be useful!

FernFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest if I were you I would go with a Kessil A80 much easier to use than a Smart Farm and it's only 28 dollars more than the Smart Farm. I've had experience with both Smartfarm controls are harder and more time consuming.
That light would be actually $48 more since the smart farm retails for $98 and also wouldn’t have individually adjusted channels or a ramp up timer, also the its 60w vs 15w k a80 it would be technologically inferior to smart farm

camilenoel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was actually really simple to program I don’t know why people think it’s so hard. I spent 10 minutes setting it the first time and haven’t had to touch it since. The only time I’ve messed with it again was after I did a par test I increased the white intensity by 10%

FernFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was actually really simple to program I don’t know why people think it’s so hard. I spent 10 minutes setting it the first time and haven’t had to touch it since. The only time I’ve messed with it again was after I did a par test I increased the white intensity by 10%
Yeah, it’s not really that difficult to program

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back