Light recommendation for a 99g reed

Reef_puck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90g reef and have a Radion G6 XR15 Blue and a G5 XR15 Bkue. Besides I don’t like the blue lights as they don’t show full color and every time the power goes out the G5 never recovers. It usually takes resting the power to the G5 over 50 times to restore the light and tonight I can’t get it to restore. So half the tank has no light.

Now looking for a new light to replace the ecotech XR-15 G5 as it’s now goner and corals have no light on that side of the tank.

What is the latest best lights? I need to order overnight as no light on half the tank.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90g reef and have a Radion G6 XR15 Blue and a G5 XR15 Bkue. Besides I don’t like the blue lights as they don’t show full color and every time the power goes out the G5 never recovers. It usually takes resting the power to the G5 over 50 times to restore the light and tonight I can’t get it to restore. So half the tank has no light.

Now looking for a new light to replace the ecotech XR-15 G5 as it’s now goner and corals have no light on that side of the tank.

What is the latest best lights? I need to order overnight as no light on half the tank.
What type of coral are you trying to keep? Maybe just match the other light so it's even?

OP
OP
Reef_puck

Reef_puck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90g reef 48x18x24

I would like to try SPS eventually. Right now it’s a mix of hammers, Zoas, LPS

The cheapest way would to replace the g5 with a new one but not sure I want to spend another $500 on one since this one only lasted 2 years.

OP
OP
Reef_puck

Reef_puck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked at the ai hydra 32. Not sure if it’s better or not. Also the Kessil ap9x &&$$. Would need two. Or just donate another $500 to exotech for a new xr15?

Also I think the blues are too blue. So are the xr15 pros better or look at xr30’s but $$$$

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back