Light Shade vs Diffuser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, about to order a noo-psyche k7 pro 3 - i am going to get the light shade or the diffuser to reduce light spillage due to tank being near the TV. Does the diffuser work just as well as the light shade? If so I might as well just buy that one as it is removable. Thanks for the help.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey everyone, about to order a noo-psyche k7 pro 3 - i am going to get the light shade or the diffuser to reduce light spillage due to tank being near the TV. Does the diffuser work just as well as the light shade? If so I might as well just buy that one as it is removable. Thanks for the help.
Get the shade. I bought the diffuser and there is a design flaw that prevents the light puck from even work properly. Essentially the housing for the diffuser has a super wide bezel on the bottom blocking the light from going out the side in an unintended way.

See the attached photo how the ring of light isn’t a full circle? If I remove the diffusers, then the light extends to the side of the tank more.
image.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh a photo. Amazing. Like the light otherwise?

They have this shade on their site: https://noopsychereeflight.com/products/shade-and-diffuser-of-k7-series

Or they also advertise this one..linking to someone else's site.. as an e-commerce guy that would never be my strategy but maybe they own both?

https://parlaquatics.com/products/copy-of-noopsyche-reef-light-k7v3-shade-model-3

Ideally I'd like to avoid paying shipping twice... so leaning towards the first one as long as it still blocks the light from being thrown out of the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back