Light suggestion

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently ordering a new tank with the dimensions 47x23x16. I wanted to upgrade my lighting from my cheap coralife seascape to something better. I was looking at the radions, but they are a bit out of my budget. I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 of the AI primes. This tank will be a mixed reef. Any other light suggestions?

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggest would be 2 x 250 watt metal halides! You could get used one for cheap and you do not have to worry about par or spectrum. I just saw 2 x 250 set up for sale locally (everything but bulbs for 200). Just change the bulb once a year. If you want some budget led lights, I'd suggest black box led box (165 watt, less than 100/ea), or noopsyche (140 watt, 200/ea). You would want at least two of each light. So the total for black box would be around less than 200 and noopsyche around 400. For leds, I am currently using a black box, zetlight, and kessil. I like the kessil the best, and I heard that noopsyche is very similar to kessil. For the new tank (75g) I am setting up with metal halide. I hope this helps!
Good luck with the new tank. I really like the dimension of your new tank. I was hoping to get a tank with 24 inch width but I could not find one for sale locally :(

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am currently ordering a new tank with the dimensions 47x23x16. I wanted to upgrade my lighting from my cheap coralife seascape to something better. I was looking at the radions, but they are a bit out of my budget. I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 of the AI primes. This tank will be a mixed reef. Any other light suggestions?
Two Ai hydra 26 or 32hd
OR
2-3 orphek OR3-120 two sky blue and one blue plus

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back