Light suggestions for 25 lagoon

Jitterbug86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Location
Salinas ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my new tank wich is a 25g lagoon and it's time for me to get a light fixture. I want leds and I am planing to keep just lps, my budget is $350 what do you guys suggest? The dimensions are 24x20x12
 
How "lagoon" are you trying to be – is it only the LPS corals making it so, or are you also looking to recreate a particular depth, or any other aspect of a lagoon?

Also, are you into DIY for the light if it's both easy and inexpensive? Do you feel like sunrise/sunset or any other common features are mandatory? Corals just need blue+white LED's and ON/OFF functionality from a light, so any modern fixture can work if properly deployed...all the extra features are really for you.

Without knowing preferences, I tend to recommend the CurrentUSA Orbit Marin Pro....it has all the nice features, sunrise/sunset/storms/etc, has a nice even light-field more like T5 light, and is reasonably priced.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new