• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Lightening Maroon Clownfish Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanting to sell or trade. Both are in great health and ready to go. Near Chicago, NW Indiana and I will be traveling the 23rd to Iowa and back so meet up and or drop off is a possibility. I will not ship fish.
$400 for the pair or $210 Each or Traded. PM and let me know what you have. I mostly looking for shofties, rare sps, or a Colorado sunburst nem.

Lightening 1.jpg

Lightening 2.jpg

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing??? I figured these would be gone by now
Nice looking fish.

When they first went up for sale on eBay the price was through the roof. Like other designer clowns, once some of the original fascination diminishes, so does the price.

Liveaquaria.com carries them at times for $100 each. Of course, if you have a certified breeding pair, your asking price would be higher.

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish.

When they first went up for sale on eBay the price was through the roof. Like other designer clowns, once some of the original fascination diminishes, so does the price.

Liveaquaria.com carries them at times for $100 each. Of course, if you have a certified breeding pair, your asking price would be higher.
I can appreciate the Liveaquaria.com having them for $100 each however, they do not have them right now nor can I find them for less than $299.00 each. They are a bonded pair and will make someone a good looking fish in the tank.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking how do you know they are bonded? We're they sold to you as bonded?

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can appreciate the Liveaquaria.com having them for $100 each however, they do not have them right now nor can I find them for less than $299.00 each. They are a bonded pair and will make someone a good looking fish in the tank.
Again, good looking fish but by not shipping (I wouldn't do that either), you're limiting the audience that you can sell to. You can get a couple on eBay for less than $300, including shipping (not bonded but almost all young clownfish will bond if there are only 2 of them.)

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Clownfishes by Joyce D. Wilkerson
"Forming Premnas Pairs Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus) cannot be paired by simply allowing two young fish to grow up together. Whereas Amphiprion clownfishes will often pair when two juveniles mature together, Premnas juveniles usually fight to the death. The warriors of the clownfish world, Maroon Clownfish are more than bluff and bluster. When two Maroons share limited space, the usual result is continuous confrontations. Neither fish yields, and the threats soon disintegrate into all-out warfare that can result in serious or fatal battle injuries. If not separated, the two clownfish end up tormented and torn, if not dead".

I bought a couple of tiny "bonded" lightning maroon pairs and they fought nearly to the death. I had to keep them seperated and if I took out the divider they would instantly lock jaws and try to tear each other apart. I finally got them to tolerate each other by putting them in 40 breeder tanks. With the extra size they tolerate each other but I still wouldnt say they are a bonded pair. I really doubt they are truely bonded if they are both that size.

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Ok everyone, I'll just keep the fish guys. This was a sale/trade post and has turned into a debate which I prefer to not be a part of. But hey, they army bonded and I don't know anything even though it's a 10 gallon tank. Mods, close at your leasure please

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I was more replying to the idea that you can just throw 2 maroons together and they are a pair. Yours may be, I dont have a clue. I would delete it but it won't let me.

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I was more replying to the idea that you can just throw 2 maroons together and they are a pair. Yours may be, I dont have a clue. I would delete it but it won't let me.
You're good rcmike, I was mainly replying to the fact that it's a discussion and everyone knows better about different things. Just frustrated. The forum rules state that if you don't want the item do not post. Isn't that correct? I do understand your post and pertaining to Maroon Clownfish you are correct sir. I do believe I'll be keeping these since everyone can get them for 99.00 off liveaquaria and under 300 for 2 off eBay. My clowns come from an extremely reputable breeder in Florida so I am confident of lineage and health.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!*!*!*!*! Just a friendly reminder !*!*!*!*!
If you like or want to discus the item go through PM with the OP,

Thank you!

Selling Forum Rules

• The sales forum on Reef2Reef is available to members that have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts (A meaningful post will involve more than saying things like "nice tank" or "I agree." Something meaningful will often be sharing one's knowledge and experience with others and actively participating in hobby related discussions). Use of this forum is available immediately to R2R Supporters (Want to be a Supporter? Click here!).
  • The use of the sales forum is for members that contribute in the regular forum (To understand what we mean by "members that contribute," please see the above statement regarding meaningful posts).
  • !*!*!*!*! This forum is to be used for the sale of reef livestock only.!*!*!*!*!*!

• Threads that appear to be commercial will be removed. Being deemed commercial is not just for parties that have a physical store or website. There are many factors that may lead to a thread being deemed commercial. Some of them are having a constant supply of an item, large supply of an item, or buying with the intent to resell.
  • Please keep in mind that selling is a privilege. The staff reserves the right to remove any sales threads at anytime.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Locked per OP request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 68 76.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back