Lighting a 18x18 cube

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2022
Messages
41
Reaction score
31
Location
Vancouver Island Bc
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I currently have a single AI prime hd16 on a redsea reefer nano, I currently have a few acro's placed at the mid-upper 2/3rd's of the tank. I wanted to reduce some of the shadowing and disco effect and was considering adding a 2nd Ai prime. Would having them at apposing angles increase coverage?
Or would it be better to look at something like the Neptune sky or Radion xr30 pro for a cleaner look?

Also my game plan to keep mostly acro's + few lps, would be an apex controlled Kalk dosing, large refugium and moderate skimming + water changes. I have been reading about some other supplements but want to keep it simple.

happy reefing!
 
I run a a360x on a 18x18 cube. I wanted more blue pop so I added a reefbrite addon kit. I should have just gotten a xr15 or orphek icon compact.

I don't think you need a xr30, a xr15 should be sufficient
 
If you want mostly acros - xr30 (or equivalent)
If you just want a few acros on the top - xr15

Here is what I use on a 24” x 16” with mostly acros.
AA1EE8A5-BDFD-4651-82BA-662DFCD3D7C6.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new