Lighting a Waterbox 20 aio

  • Thread starter Thread starter aschamne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aschamne

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
23
Location
Geneva
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife got me a Waterbox 20 aio for Father's day and now I am trying to figure out the best way to do the lighting on a $300ish budget. I am looking at either an AI Prime 16HD or 2 AI Blade Grow lights, which of these would you recommend? Or is there something else you would recommend that would do the job? Also, I am only planning on soft and LPS coral.
 
AI Prime 16HD will be fine for soft, lps and some sps. For your tank would recommend the Prime. With any LED's before you get corals get yourself a map of par readings in your tank. You can rent par meters it will help a lot where to place the corals.
 
Prime is great for softies but it's hard when you get to LPS and SPS. I supplemented mine with an AI Blade Grow when I got more LPS.
I still would not recommend that setup with SPS. I had better success with a Noopsyche K7 over my WB20 later on with sps.
 
The Noopsyche Ky pro 3 is considerably cheaper than the AI, but how is it's longevity, the last thing I want to do is buy a light and then have to replace it within a year or two.
 
I have my waterbox with and AI prime 16 and looks great. only had it a month so cant report on the growth ability
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new