Lighting adjustments for coral?

bubba60tackle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
10
Location
Palm Bay
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1 year old 220 gal tank. Threw a bunch of $20 frags in there a few months back. Some seem to be doing great, a few of these others not so much. Water parameters all seem to be fine. After doing some reading I’m thinking lights is either too high or too low, but I don’t know which. Light is an AI Blade Coral Grow. Posted my light settings, I do have glass tank lids in place as well.


IMG_7210.png IMG_7211.jpeg IMG_7212.jpeg IMG_7213.jpeg IMG_7214.jpeg IMG_7215.jpeg
 
Last edited:
You have only one fixture on your tank? The one fixture is not strong enough to light your size tank.

Renting a par meter from our LFS would be a good first step, just to know what par you have now, but I have no doubt it must be very low. The glass lid even further cuts the light penetration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new