Lighting and flow for Trachyphyllia geoffroyi

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anonymous

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Anywhere USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering what range of lighting is acceptable for trachyphyllia geoffroyi. I have collected several specimens from different lighting conditions. I am keeping mine on the sandbed under dual 400w ushio 20k+ bulbs and one 250w reeflux 10k. I have the 250w off for now until the corals adjust. I had to turn down my flow quite a bit too. Flow is achieved from two mp40w and two tunze 6100. Tank is 48"x24"x23".
 
They don't need much flow at all from my experience with them. Just enough to keep the detritous off of them. As far as lighting, the green ones seem to be able to handle more than the red and rainbow ones can. I'd say on the sandbed is good, but be prepared to give them a little shade if they start to bleach.
 
They don't need much flow at all from my experience with them. Just enough to keep the detritous off of them. As far as lighting, the green ones seem to be able to handle more than the red and rainbow ones can. I'd say on the sandbed is good, but be prepared to give them a little shade if they start to bleach.

+1. I keep mine on the sandbed. They are about 20 inches from my T5's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new