Lighting and providing flow a odd sized cube tank

zach_discus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
557
Reaction score
191
Location
Snohomish WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fairly new to the forum. Original goal was to start small but I'm not very good at that. Plus for cheep I picked up a 100g tank, problem is the dimensions. It is 28"x28" square and 30" tall. My last reef was a 90 lit with two TaeTronics AL-09s. While not the best they did a admiral job and convinced me on LEDs. Now the catch is I'm trying to keep the lighting cost moderately low with a budget of $375. I will not be using any controllers so dimmable would be a huge bonus.

As for flow my rockwork will be roughly 3/4 the depth of the tank and a central island stack is the plan. Would four bigger Korallia alternating plus something like a SeaSwirl provide a nice turbulent flow?

Thanks for any and help/suggestions. Zach
 
I would check with Barrier Reef or Oceans By Design for led lighting.
Be nice to be able to have a local company for warranty issues.

Also Ocean Revive is a sponsor here and I see a lot of good reviews.
Then there is Reef Breeders.


The koralias are kind of big, and I've never had good long term success with them.
This is where I spend some money and look into Tunze.

Sea-Swirls are awesome return pump devices.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new