Lighting and Skimmer Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maximizer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I will pick one up soon, i will probably have to order it online.
 
Thank you everyone for your help. I have decided against the upgrade and will be breaking down and restarting the 50 gallon I already have. I will be starting another thread about it when i have a chance to post, so keep an eye out for it and please follow along, as I could use the help.
 
The closest Petco to me is 3 hours away lol and my local pet store only has freshwater stuff and no testing stuff.
 
I read through the thread, if you plan to go with leds like that, check out ocean revive or marsaqua/sunspect, they have 165 watt dimmable lights, I would think they would be brighter. Some of them have built in timers which is nice also.
 
I will check them out, thank you. I don't have any experience with lighting. I want good lights, just don't wanna pay an arm and a leg.
 
I have the sunspect and they have been growing my corals awesome.
 
Ocean revive, reefbreeder and SB light are kinda similars but the good thing is they have models that come with a tank mount.
 
Kind of similar. If I was to do it again, I would look for a light with a built in timer so it only has one plug in instead of 2
 
The primes hook up to your smart device and have a huge range of customization. It's way more than a timer.
 
I have a canopy over my tank and its a pretty shallow one. Its only like 4 inches tall. So I need something that doesn't need to be hung 1' over the tank or I guess I could always build a new canopy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new