Lighting change

Atomins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just switched from a a80 tuna blue to an AI hydra 32hd. I know its overkill for a 20gal aio but figured it would be good as i plan to upgrade in the future. Besides the point the kessil was running at 100% i now have the hydra down to 30%. I have ran it at 75-80% for 1 day and corals didnt seem to change at all, didnt close up, didnt extend. obviously thats a heck of an upgrade and substantially more power then i had. queue to yesterday i have had an absolute explosion of hair algae even though before the change nitrate and phosphate were undetectable, both of these parameters are still undetectable but clearly they are present. probably something in my tap water considering i have not been using rodi water. just added 2 emerald crabs and gonna see what they do. looking for anyone that has any idea on par numbers for both lighting fixtures so i can accomidate accordingly. BRS has a video on the hydra 32 but dont go into too much into par numbers for lower intensities and i cant find any reliable sources for the a80 tuna blue. Im also curious to know what lights, spectrum and intensity you guys are running. Also anyone that had hair algae in the past or present how did you beat it?

OP
OP
A

Atomins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was also dosing redsea ab+ daily and reef roids 2-3 times per week but have stopped in an attempt to stop adding nutrients

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back