Lighting for 100 gal mixed reef (fish, sps, lps, softies)

ncjeepguy75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get some ideas on tank lighting and don't really want to break the bank. The tank measures 36in long X 24in wide X 28in deep with a 1.5 inch sand bed. I have been looking at the various AquaIllumiation models to see if they might best suit the need while having an app to help with adjustments and not being in the "lemme empty my bank account" price range.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re just starting out and want fool proof lighting that’s cheap and reliable I would get an Ati fixture and a reefbrite strip. This set up will grow anything.

OP
OP
ncjeepguy75

ncjeepguy75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re just starting out and want fool proof lighting that’s cheap and reliable I would get an Ati fixture and a reefbrite strip. This set up will grow anything.
OK so looking at the ATI fixtures they run about $1,000...Is there a specific one you were referring to or is there another brand that might be cheaper as to not break the bank?

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so looking at the ATI fixtures they run about $1,000...Is there a specific one you were referring to or is there another brand that might be cheaper as to not break the bank?
A brand new 36 inch 8 bulb sun power and a 36 inch reefbrite xho strip will cost around 1k.
Or you can find a used Ati powermodule and not have to get the reefbrite.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back