Finding A Light for New Tank

GumboStewart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new Tideline AIO aquarium and am pretty confused on what would be a good light for it. It is the 47 gallon lagoon measuring 36 x 19 x 16 inches. I've looked at lights such as the a360x or the a500x yet I would like to not break the bank trying to simply get a light. If anyone has any recommendations for some lights that are sub $300 and could fit my tank dimensions for a wide variety of corals, it would be very appreciated!

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new Tideline AIO aquarium and am pretty confused on what would be a good light for it. It is the 47 gallon lagoon measuring 36 x 19 x 16 inches. I've looked at lights such as the a360x or the a500x yet I would like to not break the bank trying to simply get a light. If anyone has any recommendations for some lights that are sub $300 and could fit my tank dimensions for a wide variety of corals, it would be very appreciated!
Check out quanta bars. I love them

Upvote 0

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viparspectra 300w.
If you’re into hanging.
2 Nicrew 150w
If you want HOB.

Used both 5 years going now.

Very powerful, so run low, say 30% for months, then max out at 60%.

Upvote 0

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefi Lab Uno 2.0 lights. They are not under $300, but at $480 each they are HALF the price of Radion, Kessil, Orphek, Neptune Sky etc, and they are more powerful than all those lights I listed.

They also come with the best warrenty in the industry at 3 years. I have personally seen Daniel Lu the creator active on his FB at 9pm CST doing customer support and then he answered my questions at %30am CST the next day.

Here is the FB page, check out these lights please before you buy anything else.

I run 4 of them on a 300g 8foot tank at about Half Power and I am putting 100par on the sand in 27 inches of water.

mar22.jpg

Picture of my Light Profile, note that I am only using 119 watts of the 270w available at my Peak Time.

Reefi.jpg

What ever you go with, I hope they work better than you expected!!

Upvote 0

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefi Lab Uno 2.0 lights. They are not under $300, but at $480 each they are HALF the price of Radion, Kessil, Orphek, Neptune Sky etc, and they are more powerful than all those lights I listed.

They also come with the best warrenty in the industry at 3 years. I have personally seen Daniel Lu the creator active on his FB at 9pm CST doing customer support and then he answered my questions at %30am CST the next day.

Here is the FB page, check out these lights please before you buy anything else.

I run 4 of them on a 300g 8foot tank at about Half Power and I am putting 100par on the sand in 27 inches of water.

mar22.jpg

Picture of my Light Profile, note that I am only using 119 watts of the 270w available at my Peak Time.

Reefi.jpg

What ever you go with, I hope they work better than you expected!!
Are you using the 90s or 120s?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back