Wave Maker/Power Head

Bucky241

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get wavemakers for my new tank...the tank goal is a mixed reef tank, mainly LPS and soft corals and I was wondering which powerhead(s) would be good for my tank. It is a 45 gallon tank with dimensions of 48"L X 12"W X 18"H. From what I have gather information on a DC power head is nice to have but an AC one will do just fine...my confusion begins with which flow size would be ideal for this, wide or narrow, and how many should I have in the tank. If there are some recommendations yall have that aren't expensive and will work I would appreciate it! If you could also explain why a certain head was chosen I'd appreciate it since I am still trying to learn!

SnazzyUrchin792

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love gyre pumps. They are powerful and just one can be enough for an entire tank if you position it right. I also like the AI nero powerheads because of their small profile. I have an AI orbit 2 and an AI nero 3 in a 40g. If you are looking for cheap, I have also had good experiences with Jebao/Jecod, but I like the AI stuff because of how much more control you have over them.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back