Lighting for 20”x20” mixed cube?

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a g5 xr15 pro on the tank, however when i measured the par the readings were lower than i wanted (3-350 under surface, 200 on rockwork with all channels at max. Around 30 less when running ab+). Rockwork is about another 7” below the surface

i currently have decent growth for montis and a couple acros but id really like something a bit stronger so i can grow some higher intensity corals and have them keep their color. Hoping for maybe 300-400 par on the top of the rockwork?

any suggestions? I was considering a reefbreeder photon v2 or getting some sort of supplementary light for the radion

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a g5 xr15 pro on the tank, however when i measured the par the readings were lower than i wanted (3-350 under surface, 200 on rockwork with all channels at max. Around 30 less when running ab+). Rockwork is about another 7” below the surface

i currently have decent growth for montis and a couple acros but id really like something a bit stronger so i can grow some higher intensity corals and have them keep their color. Hoping for maybe 300-400 par on the top of the rockwork?

any suggestions? I was considering a reefbreeder photon v2 or getting some sort of supplementary light for the radion
I’d just upgrade to a XR30. You’ll get the punch you’re looking for. Or add another XR15.

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Brite makes an add on kit for the XR15, adds a bit of par and pop, and mounts right on it!

Back