Lighting for 8'x32"x30"

charleslotz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
277
Reaction score
128
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 units 48x 8 bulb Ati with led 48" strips mounted on both units on each side so 4 x48' led units in total. Had them for a while and love them , my issue is at 30" depth I cannot grow anything but shrooms etc, Mounties loose color on the bb. Also get better growth from sps in top 1/4 of the tank to half ,... Would like to get one fitting , just for astetects rather than function ...

My question is I'm looking at the geisman 72 inch fitting .not sure about led or mh 400 w 20k yet .. Will this cover 84 inches ? I don't keep sps on the sides so there is at least 6" gap on both sides, and will this give me growth on the bb?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new