Lighting for a 60 gallon tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kehaulani
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kehaulani

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
51
Location
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I am posting because my boyfriend has a newly set up 60 gallon tank. It's done cycling and at the moment just has some shrimp, starry blenny, and live rock in it. I upgraded my tank lights on my 75 so as of now he just has my old orbit light on his tank. I would like to surprise him with better lights so am asking for suggestions. I have kessil 360s on my tank and love them. He would like something different on his. Maybe reef breeders or radions? What's some good lights out there that won't break my wallet. He will have some LPS to start with but eventually wants sps. So something that will be good for that. Thanks everyone. All comments are much appreciated.
~K
 
Not sure exactly. Its a 3 foot tank. The width is the size of a 40 breeder and the height of a 90 gallon.
 
Reefbreeders are fine. I had nice growth on my 57 gal with 24" light. I did not like pinkish
 
part of my post disappeared...

I did not like pinkish coloration of reefbreeders light and I switched to A360
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new