Lighting for a 93g sps tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nornicle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nornicle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
210
Reaction score
199
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all... i’ve been tossing up between a 120 gallon (2 G5 XR30) a 90 gallon (Illumagic Blaze X) or a 93 gallon... and it seems like everything gets more expensive at 120 gallon and up..

could i get away with just one XR30 blue over a 93 gallon and keep sps? the new lights cost $1300 australian dollars :)!
 
It would be a 30” cube. Heat is a factor as I’m in Australia lol.
 
Radion or Orphex. You can also consider a Sunpower ATI T5 8 bulb fixture with LED bars.
 
on my 93 cube I run a G4 Pro at 70% AB+ program sandwiched between 2 ATI Blue + and 2 ATI Coral + blubs on a 24" Aquatic Life hybrid fixture. Plenty of light for SPS and proably half the cost now of the new G5.
 
on my 93 cube I run a G4 Pro at 70% AB+ program sandwiched between 2 ATI Blue + and 2 ATI Coral + blubs on a 24" Aquatic Life hybrid fixture. Plenty of light for SPS and proably half the cost now of the new G5.

Do you think you could have got away with just the G4 Pro @ 100%? I really only want one fixture and I hate changing out T5s.
 
Do you think you could have got away with just the G4 Pro @ 100%? I really only want one fixture and I hate changing out T5s.
You could probably get away with it if your sps was in the middle portion of the tank. The light toward the bottom and corners will be far less and more than likely not enough for sps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new