Lighting for my 225

swimfest

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Location
San Ramon, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 225 gallon aquarium. 96"x18"x30" so its tall and long. I was running 400w halides and then switched to Aqua Illumination LED, but now am not seeing great color out of my sps. If i was to switch lighting what would you use?
 
Your gonna run out of options. With a 30" tall tank I would go with the 400w halides but I have no experience with LED's. Guess you could always try out T5s though.
 
Not to be rude but I would try to get a different tank that foot print has got to make it a pain to keep a reef, especiallt at 30" tall. with the money that you are dropping on light you could get a new tank and stand.
 
yeah i realized that after buying the tank a year and a half ago. now i feel like its kinda too late to make a change that drastic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new