Lighting for small (15~25 Gallon) saltwater aquariums?

sidpost

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 15G tank right now that I am setting up and I am looking hard at the Waterbox 25G, or maybe something a bit bigger as well. I will be FOWLR mainly with a Bubbletip Anemone at some point for the Clowns.

Is the Aqua Illumination Prime 16HD Reef too much? Would a Kessil A80 "reef" be better even though, the one post I saw on a Fluval 13.5G said it was not sufficient? Is a Hygger strip light a waste of ~$25?

TIA,
Sid

Mmbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Noopsyche K7mini on my IM15. Great value light.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For softies, LPS and probably anemones, the Prime 16HD is the perfect light for that size tank. If you wanted to do one as an SPS tank, I'd probably go with a Hydra.

A single Blade would work also, but I have a hard time recommending a single Blade as, IMO, you really need a Grow AND a Glow at minimum. That puts you well over the cost of a Prime.

Last edited:

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 15G tank right now that I am setting up and I am looking hard at the Waterbox 25G, or maybe something a bit bigger as well. I will be FOWLR mainly with a Bubbletip Anemone at some point for the Clowns.

Is the Aqua Illumination Prime 16HD Reef too much? Would a Kessil A80 "reef" be better even though, the one post I saw on a Fluval 13.5G said it was not sufficient? Is a Hygger strip light a waste of ~$25?

TIA,
Sid
I love my noopsych mini on my 32g cube. It’s a great value and my softies are thriving!

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running an AI Prime 16 on my 15 gallon waterbox for three-ish years now. Absolutely love it. No problems and able to adjust the intensity to meet my coral needs.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back