Lighting for superman danae

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting gets the best results?

I've got an old (year old) piece that's under very high light and has done well. I have a newer piece that just isn't coloring up. Where should I park it?

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting are you using? I've got 3 pieces scattered throughout the tank, high, middle, and bottom. I'm using a 6 bulb T-5 fixture and the one at the top is doing the best. The other two are holding their color, but the one at the top is growing like a weed.

OP
OP
da6d2003

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2x 250w hqi 20k, 2 x96w 50/50 pcs and 3 x4' t5 actinics.

What kind of lighting are you using? I've got 3 pieces scattered throughout the tank, high, middle, and bottom. I'm using a 6 bulb T-5 fixture and the one at the top is doing the best. The other two are holding their color, but the one at the top is growing like a weed.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you've got plenty of light. not all supermans are the same though. are you sure the small one you got is THE *real* one, and not some piece off a wild one?

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you've got plenty of light. not all supermans are the same though. are you sure the small one you got is THE *real* one, and not some piece off a wild one?

Thats what I wonder. There were allot of big wild pieces coming in recently that was being called superman danae. Allot of fragging going on. ;) Its not as bright though. You can definitely tell the difference next to a piece of the real deal. Keep an eye on it and see if it colors up.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is from tubs i got it from him dirrectly-- it is in the top middle and bottom of my 58 and they all have the same color--but the top one is growing like crazy

i have another from sniper sps and no matter where i put it it grows slow and holds it color anywhere in the tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back