Lighting for tank

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys so I have saved up some money and I'm looking for a light fixture. Something in the budget side. I know primes and red sea are the best and I can't have a Chinese black box as I'm in a apartment and can't nail it to the roof. So does anybody have any experience with other lights besides the expensive primes and yes I know they are one of the best out there but I just simply can't afford 300$ for 1 light. I'm looking for something to be able to grow some softie corals nothing amazing. So if you guys have any experience with other cheaper budget lights please let me know. As I said I want to start adding corals to the tank. Thanks and happy reefing

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow that black box is nifty. And it's a 20 long. So width is 30 inches

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nereefpat. That black box would work for a 30 inch tank correct? If I'm reading it right. It comes with leg mounts

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nereefpat. That black box would work for a 30 inch tank correct? If I'm reading it right. It comes with leg mounts
I have not used it, but yes it comes with leg mounts that adjust up to 30" wide. Their website recommends one fixture for a 20 Long. It's probably okay, if you aren't putting sticks clear at the edges. People use single Viparspectra and Marsaqua fixtures on 40 breeders.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back