Lighting Help

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm new to saltwater and have a question about what you'd guys recommend. So I ordered NooPsyche lights and after reading some threads, I have gotten cold feet so I'm considering cancelling them. What lights would you guys recommend for a 90 gallon, I want softie corals for sure and MAYBE LPS. I was looking at AI Prime. I'm really only trying to spend $500 on the lights. MAX $600

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm new to saltwater and have a question about what you'd guys recommend. So I ordered NooPsyche lights and after reading some threads, I have gotten cold feet so I'm considering cancelling them. What lights would you guys recommend for a 90 gallon, I want softie corals for sure and MAYBE LPS. I was looking at AI Prime. I'm really only trying to spend $500 on the lights. MAX $600
Should've stated the tank is 48x18x24

Upvote 0

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI primes are well regarded. each fixture will cover roughly 24x24 inches, and would be plenty for LPS and softies.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI primes are well regarded. each fixture will cover roughly 24x24 inches, and would be plenty for LPS and softies.
They were definitely my first choice, but I was reading threads that said those ratings aren't accurate and that I would need 3 but with the crossbrace I would need 4 to evenly spread the light. Then I read that the lenses were melting on them which concerned me alot for $250 lights. So I did more research and the lights people were recommending were $500 and I'd still need minimum 3. Think they were Radion XR15

Upvote 0

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the one's I ordered, 3 actually because that's what their site recommended. But the nonresponsiveness of the company is kind of bothering me. Heard great things about the lights.
they are capable lights, but you are ordering directly from a chinese company, based in china. this will obviously lead to some customer service deficiencies, but also affordable pricing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are capable lights, but you are ordering directly from a chinese company, based in china. this will obviously lead to some customer service deficiencies, but also affordable pricing.
I guess it is a pro and con chart type of thing. I do have PLENTY time before my tank is even ready for lights.

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the one's I ordered, 3 actually because that's what their site recommended. But the nonresponsiveness of the company is kind of bothering me. Heard great things about the lights.

2 should be way more than enough. Message ZachB on here if u need customer support

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back