Lighting Help

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have mapped out my PAR in my values are good. But i think my ramp up and ramp down periods are messed up and i cant figure out if I'm giving my corals too much light or too little light. i never used a light controller before so im just used to having the light turn on and off at a set time and keeping the intensity tuned in manually i have a kessil by the way. This is my current light schedule my Par was also mapped out during the middle of the schedule during the most intense period of the day.

(Current Light Schedule) ------------------------------------------ Possible new one?
12:00PM - Color 10 INT 2 (ramp up from 0)--------------12:00PM Color 0 INT 0 (ramp up to next point)
1:00 PM - Color 48 INT 35 ---------------------------------------1:00PM Color 25 INT 17
2:00PM - Color 48 INT 35 ---------------------------------------- 2:00PM color 48 INT 35
5:00PM - Color 48 INT 35 --------------------------------------- 6:00PM Color 48 INT 35
6:00PM - Color 48 INT 35---------------------------------------- 7:00PM Color 35 INT 25
9:00PM - Color 10 INT 2 ----------------------------------------- 8:00PM Color 25 INT 17
10:00 - ramp down to 0 ------------------------------------------ 9:00PM Color 10 INT 10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------10:00PM Color 0 INT 0 (Ramp down from last point)

if my lighting schedule on the left is not a favorable one and the one on the right is should i just change it all over or do it gradually? I don't know how long i should have the intensity I've mapped my par out for and placed my corals for if that makes sense. Im using the spectral kessil controller im using a old kessil so i cant edit blues whites or any specific colors. Im experiencing a little bit of issues with corals ive got my flow dialed in my parameters aswell i might send off an ICP test to see if any magnets are leaching into the water. This lighting schedule is one of the only things i haven't ruled out yet.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I asked what lights you're using and the controller? This will help to get you some answers.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back