Lighting idea.

ironworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we all know how expensive lighting is in this hobby and ive been sitting around thinking on lights for a week now. Well i had a lightbulb turn on in my head. Indoor gardners also use t5 ho over their plants. And was thinking what could be the difference. Other than the bulbs. Well non actually. Except the fixtures arent as cosmetically appealing.but boy are they cheaper. 4 bulb 4ft is about $160. Thats insanely cheaper.done a bit more research amd they have all the reflectors amd some have timers. Has anyone else went this route. I know alot of people use leds now but i had very great results with t5 in my last tank.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we all know how expensive lighting is in this hobby and ive been sitting around thinking on lights for a week now. Well i had a lightbulb turn on in my head. Indoor gardners also use t5 ho over their plants. And was thinking what could be the difference. Other than the bulbs. Well non actually. Except the fixtures arent as cosmetically appealing.but boy are they cheaper. 4 bulb 4ft is about $160. Thats insanely cheaper.done a bit more research amd they have all the reflectors amd some have timers. Has anyone else went this route. I know alot of people use leds now but i had very great results with t5 in my last tank.
i havn't looked at the plant fixtures, but i have a wavepoint and its pretty solid. I agree, I love T5's for reefs. Leds, not so much.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back