Lighting my 220G mixed reef

Rawsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Please help me find the best looking / cost effecient light setup for this mixed reef.
Dimensions are : 72 L x 30 H x 24 D

Currently have 1 6x54W ATI fixture 3x Coral plus 3x Blue plus. I would like to add some lights to give it a more uniform spread.

What I WANT : 2 48" LED bars (ai prime just came out with some but man they are pricey) with 2 23ish inch bars for the sides to make a rectangle with LED bars

What I have : 2 AI HYDRA 26HD or 32HD not sure what model they are exactly.
Edit - Forgot to mention the BLUES do not work on one of these AI HYDRAS

What would be my best route?

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the AI Prime, just go for it.

Equipment ends up not being the most expensive thing in this hobby. Also whenever you get something that isn't really what you want, you always have that thought in the back of your mind.

OP
OP
Rawsreef

Rawsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the AI Prime, just go for it.

Equipment ends up not being the most expensive thing in this hobby. Also whenever you get something that isn't really what you want, you always have that thought in the back of your mind.
I haven't really had experience with any other LEDs. Which is why I ask, I'm sure there's other good options out there.

Just a few I've heard of are Orphek, AI (new) & BRS Bars. I would consider all of those "high end" lights. I'm not sure if these would be worth the investment over some of the cheaper generic LED bars I could find on amazon or something.

I know equipment is never the most expensive thing in this hobby, but any dollar I can save on equipment can be used in filling the tank with fish, corals, CUC, etc.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back