Lighting overkill?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmkid1997
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bmkid1997

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Messages
129
Reaction score
142
Location
Milwaukee
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Im setting up my first SPS Dominant tank in the upcoming months, and I have a question if this seems to be too much lighting. The tank dimensions are 36"x20"x18". My original plan was a 4 bulb t5-hybrid with 2 Kessil 360X. But during this BRS black friday I was lucky enough to win an AI Prime 16HD. I wonder if its worth it to add this into the fixture in the middle, and the kessils on the ends.

I know there isnt "too much lighting" for some SPS, but I would hate to bleach anything. Maybe running at a lower % on all 3 to get better coverage vs the 2? Will definetly need to rent a par meter most likely. Any opinions or experience would be appreciated!
 
You could always use it for a frag qt or for a refugium.


If you add it with the kessils, it shouldn't be too powerful as you can just turn down the intensity
 
It's not toouch at all, and considering you can start out low and raise it. Of anything it is more controlability in color!
Very true, ive seen they have alot of options for features vs my kessil from what ive explored!
 
You could always use it for a frag qt or for a refugium.


If you add it with the kessils, it shouldn't be too powerful as you can just turn down the intensity
I wish, but ill actually be downsizing my tanks (crazy I know!)! Id hate for it to just sit in a box, so ill probably put in in the fixutre with the T5 and kessils. Thanks!
 
I wish, but ill actually be downsizing my tanks (crazy I know!)! Id hate for it to just sit in a box, so ill probably put in in the fixutre with the T5 and kessils. Thanks!


You could also simply sell it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new