Lighting question for my 96x30x30

  • Thread starter Thread starter bc34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bc34

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Northeast Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished cycling my new 96”x30”x30” tank. It will eventually be an sps dominant tank. My current lighting is a hybrid set up with 4 Radion XR15 Blue with two reef brite 48” x series quad strip led kits (2 xr15s mounted on each quad fixture)Fixtures are mounted 9.5” above the tank.

My question is would it be an over kill on par to move up to 4 XR30 blues to replace the XR15s.
I don’t want to waste par but don’t want to have any limitations on lighting.
 
I just finished cycling my new 96”x30”x30” tank. It will eventually be an sps dominant tank. My current lighting is a hybrid set up with 4 Radion XR15 Blue with two reef brite 48” x series quad strip led kits (2 xr15s mounted on each quad fixture)Fixtures are mounted 9.5” above the tank.

My question is would it be an over kill on par to move up to 4 XR30 blues to replace the XR15s.
I don’t want to waste par but don’t want to have any limitations on lighting.
Not overkill other than electrical consumption and will benefit coral
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new