Lighting question

IAM122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I am looking at getting a IM 15 gallon tank. I might get a 20 gallon tank. Right now I am looking at NICREW 50W reef light. This will be my first saltwater tank. Is this light good for this tank size? Or not? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran Nicrew HyperReef 50W on half of my 40 gallon tank for a while and it was fine but lacks controllability.
They make a controller now but, if you were thinking of getting that also, I'd lean towards the SmatFarm 95W for about the same price (as Nicrew 50W + controller) that already has some built-in control.
*others probably have some better recommendations on the budget end for this size tank

OP
OP
IAM122

IAM122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran Nicrew HyperReef 50W on half of my 40 gallon tank for a while and it was fine but lacks controllability.
They make a controller now but, if you were thinking of getting that also, I'd lean towards the SmatFarm 95W for about the same price (as Nicrew 50W + controller) that already has some built-in control.
*others probably have some better recommendations on the budget end for this size tank
Thanks a lot i will look at that one. I am open to all suggestions for a good light for 15 to 20 gallon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back