Lighting Question

rangerchris00

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my tank is currently in the middle of cycling and I’m starting to look at lights. I was wondering if these lights would be ok for just softies and lps. I have the aqueon 60 gallon breeder tank. https://a.co/d/4gGmofU
 
I would by 2 of the 35w and put one on each side of tank between the middle brace
 
I won't say it won't work, but 35 watts isn't much for a 60 gallon and, I didn't calculate, but with all those LED's, each is but a fraction of a watt per LED....very weak/poor penetration.

I'd be happier with something like this.....a known "black box" that has a history.

ViparSpectra 165

1755201993475.png
 
I would go for the Nicrew 150 watt, or the 200 watt if its in the budget.
You want at least a 100 watts for that size tank, but more is better IMO
 
Could I possibly get 2 of the nicrew 48w
That's a good option and will work for most corals, this also gives you the option to add a third later if you want. Nicrew is a good quality low budget light, its worked very well for me for almost 2 years without issue, which is something I can't say for my expensive lights on the other tanks. Good luck
 
Do you recommend anything else I’m kind of on a budget lol
LOL You can open the window and put a mirror over your tank. 🤣

You could buy one of the kessil a360 knockoffs to get started for like 100 bucks and that's 90 watts.
 
One good thing about lights, you don't have to buy them all at the same time. If you're keeping corals, you'll want good lights!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new