Lighting Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the Mitras have a photography mode but it looks like it has to be initiated manually. I have my 2 Mitras LX7's controlled by my Profilux 4.

Is it possible to set up a maintenance mode I could initiate from my touchscreen that would change the lighting spectrum and switch to photography mode and then return to my normal program when done?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I played with this a little last night. Setting the lighting profile into a maintenance mode is easy. But, when I select that maintenance mode it doesn't seem like the lights revert to the new settings. I do get the little flashing hammer icon though. I also don't see anywhere to select photography mode anywhere in the P4. I'm sure I saw it as an option on the Mitras LX7's though.

Anyone have thoughts? Do I need to connect directly to the Mitras to use this feature?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried connecting directly?

Here is what I have found link

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried connecting directly?

Here is what I have found link
I can do it by connecting directly. I was just hoping to have an easier way to set it to take pictures. It looks like I have to log into each light fixture individually and switch it to photography mode. Then I need to go to my P4, remove my lighting project and replace it with a new one set up for the lighting I want to use to take pictures. When done, I need to reload my normal lighting project and take each fixture out of photography mode. Just seems like it should be easier.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am over in the photography section try to figure out settings. I have been messing with my setting with my stock lenses. Can you upload setting to the lights? I know with mine I can. If you can setup of photo one and upload it to the light every time you want to shoot and then reload your regular settings.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to set it individually. For some reason they didn't put it in the front touch panel nor in myGHL. It is super annoying everytime you want to turn to photo mode.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am over in the photography section try to figure out settings. I have been messing with my setting with my stock lenses. Can you upload setting to the lights? I know with mine I can. If you can setup of photo one and upload it to the light every time you want to shoot and then reload your regular settings.
The lighting profile is the easier part since I can do that into the P4. Setting it to photo mode is the challenge. Although I should be able to put the light settings into a maintenance mode but that doesn't seem to work.
I think you need to set it individually. For some reason they didn't put it in the front touch panel nor in myGHL. It is super annoying everytime you want to turn to photo mode.
It does look that way. Its something that should be so easy. They even have the light settings available in the P4 maintenance mode. It would be nice to just set up a maintenance mode that would put the lights into photo mode along with the preferred lighting profile. When the maintenance mode is over, everything could revert back.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you do a hard reboot by in plugging the light and replugging is in from the wall. Let the power drain out before replugging it in.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see that it is a system setting since it will change the frequency rate to a much lower point. And the maintenance or light composer is basically just changing the intensity, timing and so on. I am more annoyed by if I have multiple lights I need to get into each one and change to photo mode. Why couldn't they make it as master/slave thus changing the photo mode in master will automatically changing in slave. I have 2 LX7 and I am already annoyed by this, I couldn't imaging people with more than 2 lights when they want to change to photo mode...Especially you will need the PC/laptop and GCC to change the photo mode, no other options...

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see that it is a system setting since it will change the frequency rate to a much lower point. And the maintenance or light composer is basically just changing the intensity, timing and so on. I am more annoyed by if I have multiple lights I need to get into each one and change to photo mode. Why couldn't they make it as master/slave thus changing the photo mode in master will automatically changing in slave. I have 2 LX7 and I am already annoyed by this, I couldn't imaging people with more than 2 lights when they want to change to photo mode...Especially you will need the PC/laptop and GCC to change the photo mode, no other options...
Exactly this! When I add the 3rd light this summer it will really be a pain.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back