Lighting settings

johnnycamp5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
240
Reaction score
93
Location
Woodbridge
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow reefers… a question about “peak light” settings

I noticed a lot (even most) folks set their peak light at one given moment in time

Meaning, it only lasts an instant between “ramp up”…then right into “ramp down” mode

Perhaps I am misreading these schedules? I may be, as each graph is somewhat different from each manufacturer

If I’m generally not misreading, then why not reach peak at 10:00 or 11:00am.,…hold that peak lighting till mid afternoon or so.…(perhaps at a slightly lower peak par) then ramp down?

Is holding at peak lighting for an hour or more less natural?
 
I think you are misreading the schedules sir. Most run a longer peak. For instance, my peak is 6 hours with a ramp up and down on either side.
 
Fellow reefers… a question about “peak light” settings

I noticed a lot (even most) folks set their peak light at one given moment in time

Meaning, it only lasts an instant between “ramp up”…then right into “ramp down” mode

Perhaps I am misreading these schedules? I may be, as each graph is somewhat different from each manufacturer

If I’m generally not misreading, then why not reach peak at 10:00 or 11:00am.,…hold that peak lighting till mid afternoon or so.…(perhaps at a slightly lower peak par) then ramp down?

Is holding at peak lighting for an hour or more less natural?
As others have already said, peak is longer for sure. Mine is about 10 hours with ramps up and down on either side.
 
Totally off topic, but are you a Jim Morrison fan? Your R2R name is why I'm asking
Big time. I actually just got home from Paris and had visited his grave just last week.

1749676133101.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new