Lighting Settings

D0ubt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Lighting.png

Hi,
I am new to saltwater tanks, and am working on getting my lighting set up. I have a 36 gallon curved front saltwater tank. I attached a picture of the light settings I downloaded form the AI website, but I was hoping for some recommendations if this a good setting or if I should make changes. I have pretty easy coral to keep minus an sps, the rest are zoa's and xenya's, i apologize for misspellings.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you specify the tank dimensions, how many lights you have, as well as the mounting height?

OP
OP
D

D0ubt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I have one AI Light I cut a hole out in the center of my tanks lid and made a mesh cover that the light rests on.
As for the tank dimensions they are
30.7 in L x 15.7 W x 22.2 H.
The light would probably sit roughly at 22.5 in H.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, check out this link. You can download presets that other people use, there are quite a few on there. Use this as a start, and adjust to your viewing pleasure from there. There should be instructions on how to do it as well.

Essentially just find a few you like and click on them and hit download.
Personally I use more white, about 40-50% instead of 20.

OP
OP
D

D0ubt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I have one AI Light I cut a hole out in the center of my tanks lid and made a mesh cover that the light rests on.
AB35A9D5-3A3E-4EC7-B910-74C5F50D1733.jpeg
I had a phosphate spike recently that’s why it’s a little cloudy at the moment. Working on getting that down. Here is a picture of the set up.

OP
OP
D

D0ubt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB35A9D5-3A3E-4EC7-B910-74C5F50D1733.jpeg
I had a phosphate spike recently that’s why it’s a little cloudy at the moment. Working on getting that down. Here is a picture of the set up.
Hey there, check out this link. You can download presets that other people use, there are quite a few on there. Use this as a start, and adjust to your viewing pleasure from there. There should be instructions on how to do it as well.

Essentially just find a few you like and click on them and hit download.
Personally I use more white, about 40-50% instead of 20.
I love this site, my only concern is if the difference in tank size impacts the lighting settings at all.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I will say that you want to be careful with the light mounted that close as the spread will decrease dramatically and directly under the light will be a par hotspot particularly in the upper half of the tank. If you can rent a par meter, I highly recommend it.

Regardless, making out V, RB, B and UV with whatever greena and white is appealing and little to no red will give you the strongest output (however don't have uv on max for a long period of time as for some reason it melts the lense.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back