Lighting setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to setting up my P4, sort of. Still some work to do and some cables to tidey up but I'm further along than it sitting in my garage.

I thought I had the lighting schedule figured out. I went downstairs a few hours after they initially went and they were back on.

One thing that I'm not finding how to do is set my intensity. I did all my programming on myGHL. I assumed the intensity would be under illumination but not seeing anything.

I did modify a Kessil to Apex cable to connect to a LBF-AP box. Would having a wire crossed here cause the P4 to only read color and not intensity? I've tried plugging the AP box into multiple ports hoping that would solve something but still a bit lost.

Any links or videos that anyone could suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many wires is the Apex cables? You'll need to find channel 1 & channel 2, one will be for intensity, other for color.

OP
OP
enthejungle

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many wires is the Apex cables? You'll need to find channel 1 & channel 2, one will be for intensity, other for color.

Thanks for the reply Marco!

There's a total of four. Here's what it looked like prior to splicing and how I made my connections.

Would an inaccurate connection cause the P4 not to show the intensity controll in myGHL

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

OP
OP
enthejungle

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I'm not quite getting:

3.1 Illumination Run

Please select which lighting is to be edited (Illumination to edit?). After selecting a lighting, you can set the type of the luminaire, dimmable and non-dimmable.

It is also necessary to specify whether the automatic is to be switched on (Automatic on?). If this is not the case, this lighting is in manual mode. Select whether you want a temperature- dependent light reduction.

Enter the number of dim-points (for dimmable luminaires) or the switch-times (for non- dimmable luminaires) for which you want to adjust the brightness (up to 24)

If you have selected a dimmable luminaire, please set the following for each dim-point: Time – At this time, the luminaire shall have the brightness to be set subsequently

Light intensity (0% - 100%) – Brightness of the light at this time

I can't find anywhere in myGHL, specifically illumination, where I can adjust intensity. The only thing I'm seeing is brightness. Is this intensity? If so, where do I adjust color?

Sorry for such a basic question but this is my first controller so this is all new to me.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I'm not quite getting:
I can't find anywhere in myGHL, specifically illumination, where I can adjust intensity. The only thing I'm seeing is brightness. Is this intensity? If so, where do I adjust color?
Sorry for such a basic question but this is my first controller so this is all new to me.

Hello - No worries.
The Kessil takes 0-10v input on two channels, on one channel the Kessil interprets the 0-10v voltage as brightness/intensity, on the other channel it interprets the 0-10v voltage as color, starting with blue going to white.
0% = 0v
5% = 0.5v
10% = 1v
25% = 2.5v
50% = 5v
73% = 7.3v
91% = 9.1v
etc..

Brightness: 0v = off, 1v = 10%(minimum), 10v = 100% . ... 5v = ~50% brightness
Color: 0v = Blue, 5v = 50% blue/50%white, 10v = 100% white

For Example, let's use Illumination Channel 1 for Brightness, and Channel 2 for Color. Set the following illumination channels, then associate the illumination channel to the 0-10v outputs. The following is just a made up sample schedule, I don't know how it'll look color wise.
CH1:
7:59am = 0%
8am = 1%
11:59 = 75%
1:59pm = 100%
4:59pm = 75%
8pm = 5%
9pm = 0%

CH2:
8am = 5% (very blue)
9am = 25% (blueish)
9:30am = 30%
10am = 60%
12pm = 100% (white/yellow?)
2pm = 60%
7pm = 40%
9pm = 25%
9:01pm = 5%

OP
OP
enthejungle

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the detailed info Marco.

Hopefully I get a chance to give this a shot this weekend.

Back