Lighting, start out good vs upgrade later?

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a 65g 36x18x24 with 25 sump.. planning on starting slow but plan on corals. Was looking at the kessil a360x or a ap9x, but maybe it’s easier to start out lower level for a year? Totally new, what’s your thoughts? Planning starting soft, would go to the branching corals if I knew they’d be successful down the line.

mh0ward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still new myself, but when I set mine up, my thought was to go ahead and get the lighting I thought I'd want in the end. I've read plenty enough about coral acclimating to certain lighting and then having problems when lighting changes to quickly on them. Basically, I didn't like the idea of spending all that time acclimating coral to lighting that I intended on changing.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still new myself, but when I set mine up, my thought was to go ahead and get the lighting I thought I'd want in the end. I've read plenty enough about coral acclimating to certain lighting and then having problems when lighting changes to quickly on them. Basically, I didn't like the idea of spending all that time acclimating coral to lighting that I intended on changing.
I haven’t even gotten into reading that, I feel like each piece of gear I’m learning a new master class. Only to find out some equipment overlap

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back