Lighting Suggestions - Red Sea Reefer S 1000

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I took 3 coral care gen2 to lit my S-1000 so far the best led which in par with ATI powermodule which I sold last week..SPS loving these coral care gen2.

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took 3 coral care gen2 to lit my S-1000 so far the best led which in par with ATI powermodule which I sold last week..SPS loving these coral care gen2.
Neptune Skys are proving better than Coral Care Gen2 for PAR spread and efficiency.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I ran t5 with 4 hydra 32hd Spread across 5 foot tank.

I replaced 4 Ai with 2 radion xr30.

I don’t regret it

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I ended up digging very deeply and going with the Neptune Skys due to huge cost savings for better performance. 3 skys do what 4 XR30s can. With only needing 3 skys on a 83" tank I went with standard XR30 mounting arms. All in all I saved $1000+ and got better performance.
I hear the sky looks like another t5 lighting with dull blanket coverage. I haven’t used them

Don’t count out ecotech because of saving some extra $ . The expensive equipment is typically the best in the hobby. It’s unfortunate

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear the sky looks like another t5 lighting with dull blanket coverage. I haven’t used them

Don’t count out ecotech because of saving some extra $ . The expensive equipment is typically the best in the hobby. It’s unfortunate
They look like XR30s but with the diffuser you have to buy for more $. They look amazing. Ryan from BRS uses them and loves them too.

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used both and Neptune sky copy cat to Coral care and moreover ACI aquaculture,Battlecorals tested and proven CC gen2..I lean towards that :) than commercial BRS Neptune sky :p
Except the specs of neptune skys are better than coral care by a lot... coral care is good but not as good as neptune sky. I'd love to see some data backing it if it is though! Every piece of data I see proves coral care would be inferior... Wattage, spread, and PAR... I understand fans boys of Philips, but specs and visual appeal (nasty blue from coral cares) is not the same. Skys win in basically every category technically speaking.

Last edited:

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Except the specs of neptune skys are better than coral care by a lot... coral care is good but not as good as neptune sky. I'd love to see some data backing it if it is though! Every piece of data I see proves coral care would be inferior... Wattage, spread, and PAR... I understand fans boys of Philips, but specs and visual appeal (nasty blue from coral cares) is not the same. Skys win in basically every category technically speaking.
Good for you

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I went for PAR performance and Skys are much better than XR30s. I did originally lean towars XR30s but after seeing SKYs in person and using a PAR meter on them I thought it was a silly comparison. XR30s didnt performance as well and were more expensive. The temp difference is like 2-3 degreees at surface as well with recommended heights. Love my choice and will sell my Radions I have on other tanks now. The spread is AWESOME

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the video and I will rest my case here about coral care gen2

Interesting video. Proves my point that not as strong as Skys though. Also proves my point that these look bad honestly. Skys look amazing. Thanks for this! Loved the watch! I guess thats why they're cheaper than Skys, not as good spread and performance.

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting video. Proves my point that not as strong as Skys though. Also proves my point that these look bad honestly. Skys look amazing. Thanks for this! Loved the watch! I guess thats why they're cheaper than Skys, not as good spread and performance.
Your comments are not helpful nor encouraging. Please behave like mature guy.thank you

Last edited:

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude you have no idea what youre talking about. first you claim the skys are better than the radions then the coral cares? lol theyre a coral care ripoff. they even use the radion mount! shows the amount of R&D that went into them. more watts doesnt mean better, and they have worse spread than the CC. SPECTRUM is better on CC and radions. Par, the CC are only low if you want a windex tank. and BRS only uses the skys because theyre the same company now. LOL!

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dude you have no idea what youre talking about. first you claim the skys are better than the radions then the coral cares? lol theyre a coral care ripoff. they even use the radion mount! shows the amount of R&D that went into them. more watts doesnt mean better, and they have worse spread than the CC. SPECTRUM is better on CC and radions. Par, the CC are only low if you want a windex tank. and BRS only uses the skys because theyre the same company now. LOL!
May be he is from BRS lol and also he knows much than industry experts Chris Mckley.Sky is just marketing piece from BRS imo and no where comparable to CC or radeons.it’s just a joke led

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude... I took a PAR meter to both lights. I found Coral Care to not be better PAR spread... it was less efficient. Spread of an SPS tank is better with SKYs. They both claim same spread for SPS tanks, but testing proved otherwise. I hated how the Coral Care lights look on camera as well. To each is own. I think after another year we will all see who is right here even though testing was clear as day for me.

Also...

Coral Care 68 LEDs at 170W (
vs
SKYs 104 LEDs at 219W

Last edited:

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be he is from BRS lol and also he knows much than industry experts Chris Mckley.Sky is just marketing piece from BRS imo and no where comparable to CC or radeons.it’s just a joke led
No, I just do testing myself and don't care for poor visual appeal of coral care's on camera. BRS isnt the only people saying SKYs are better at all. Please be more mature and use more helpful commenting.

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back