Lighting Suggestions - Red Sea Reefer S 1000

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sky is not a ripoff. They licensed the patent for the primary internal diffuser. It was 100% confirmed during one of Neptune's live streams that the CCG1 was the inspiration to start the Sky development. They liked the effect of the primary diffuser, looked into the patent licensing and developed a fixture more suited toward the home aquarium (Weight, spectrum, control).

I had Radions previously. Fan was way too loud and the coverage was not sufficient once corals started to fill in. I also really like the control. Whether you have an APEX system or not, a great balance between simplicity and control.

At the level of CC, Sky and Radions it is more about personal preference. Flow and chemistry will have a higher impact than the difference between the lights. If you like one over another... great. But no need for personal insults.

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sky is not a ripoff. They licensed the patent for the primary internal diffuser. It was 100% confirmed during one of Neptune's live streams that the CCG1 was the inspiration to start the Sky development. They liked the effect of the primary diffuser, looked into the patent licensing and developed a fixture more suited toward the home aquarium (Weight, spectrum, control).

I had Radions previously. Fan was way too loud and the coverage was not sufficient once corals started to fill in. I also really like the control. Whether you have an APEX system or not, a great balance between simplicity and control.

At the level of CC, Sky and Radions it is more about personal preference. Flow and chemistry will have a higher impact than the difference between the lights. If you like one over another... great. But no need for personal insults.
Thanks Jon.he is the one who started negativity and even he is commenting negative in my build thread.I am not going to comment anymore for his posts from now.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Jon.he is the one who started negativity and even he is commenting negative in my build thread.I am not going to comment anymore for his posts from now.
We all spend a lot of money on our setups, so it is hard to not be passionate about it. The number of posts that I have written... walked away... then deleted before posting is innumerable!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's time for this exchange to end. Please both of you stop engaging with each other. Thank you.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back