Lighting t5

mikesilverado8888

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
335
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the guy at the fish store said that white is the only one that will make the coral grow I can have 6 bulbs he say 3 white 2 blue 1 pink what you guys think
 
I think the terms "white" and "blue" are very subjective. The ati blue+ bulb has some of the most par of all t5 bulbs. I run from front to back on my 6 bulb fixture:
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Purple+
Blue+
I get good growth and great color from this combo.

image.jpg
image.jpg
 
His general statement is incorrect. Its been proven that bluer bulbs grow corals just as well.

Depending on the spectrum your looking for i would use this as a starting point for reference

Screenshot_2015-08-30-22-09-50.png
 
Not so, I have a 4 bulb t5 over my 20L. One white, one aqua blue and two actinics, and I get good growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new