Lighting

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve was given some lights they seem old but work. I can’t seem to find any info on them online however. Any help on setting these as far as intensities or even help on finding a manufacturer for them. I am currently trying to get a 75 gallon tank set up and piecing it together and I seem to be at a impass on these lights for the moment. Thank you in advance.

image.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to know which lights they actually are to give good info

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
can we see pictures of what it looks like? different angles rather than just the LCD screen

my first guess is a SMATFARM light, but need to see other angles.

OP
OP
S

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can we see pictures of what it looks like? different angles rather than just the LCD screen

my first guess is a SMATFARM light, but need to see other angles.
If you need more please just ask I’ll be happy to do anything just need to figure this one out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
S

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to know which lights they actually are to give good info
Thank you for the drop in. I do appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll be able to find that out so I can get the lights set correctly. Thank you again.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you need more please just ask I’ll be happy to do anything just need to figure this one out.
seems like a black box that is very similar to the viparspectra light. those lights definitely need to TLC cleaning.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

seems like a black box that is very similar to the viparspectra light. those lights definitely need to TLC cleaning.
can you take a picture of the one side/angle you haven't pictures, yet? (particularly the left side and the back)

OP
OP
S

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know they came as they are and I’ll be cleaning them as I go through this process of building this tank.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a black box light of some sort. They're all the same so don't really need to iron out manufacturer. Is it only white light though?

OP
OP
S

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a black box light of some sort. They're all the same so don't really need to iron out manufacturer. Is it only white light though?
No it’s got 3 channels or light colors. One appears to be white, one appears to be blue and then one is just 4 blue lights? Trying to figure out the percentage. The number goes from 0 to 100 (I’m assuming percents)

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s got 3 channels or light colors. One appears to be white, one appears to be blue and then one is just 4 blue lights? Trying to figure out the percentage. The number goes from 0 to 100 (I’m assuming percents)
Little different from the black boxes I've owned. Mine were ran at 60% white and 20% blue if that helps. They put out a ton of light and don't need anywhere near max for most coral. Overall ratio depends on your own visual preference. Just don't over do it.

OP
OP
S

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little different from the black boxes I've owned. Mine were ran at 60% white and 20% blue if that helps. They put out a ton of light and don't need anywhere near max for most coral. Overall ratio depends on your own visual preference. Just don't over do it.
Ok thank you just wasn’t for sure on the damage or positive certain lighting would be. Thank you all again for the insight and help!

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you just wasn’t for sure on the damage or positive certain lighting would be. Thank you all again for the insight and help!
Those lights will grow coral and theyre cheap. That's about the only plus side. After going from black box to kessil I won't ever go back to them. Visually they're not appealing and seemed to wash out details of my tank.

OP
OP
S

soonersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights will grow coral and theyre cheap. That's about the only plus side. After going from black box to kessil I won't ever go back to them. Visually they're not appealing and seemed to wash out details of my tank.
Cost effective they were free, but I do understand aesthetically they aren’t the best.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back