Lighting

FrozenSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I would like to get some zoos for my reef tank but I would have to put them into quarantine for 4 weeks or so and I'm worried the lighting on my QT tank is not strong enough to keep them there that long, I have 2 20watt tubes one atinic and one 10'000 k power glo. What do you think. Also what kind of water flow should I have.

Thanks

OP
OP
FrozenSeas

FrozenSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be going into a 40gl QT then into a 150gl mixed reef I'm just concerned about the lighting in the QT will they make 4 weeks or more with that lighting

OP
OP
FrozenSeas

FrozenSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL my wife would kill me if I started up another QT I have a 20gl tall QT also but it only has a 18wt reef sun tube over it. I just spent over $6000 on the 150 so I'm having a hard time squeezing any more cash for equipment from the budget. I would like to start spending what I have on the inhabitants. I had to go big on the QT so as not to put more stress on the larger fish i will be putting into the 150 as they will have to spend at least 6 wks in QT. Do you think zoos will make it with the lighting I have on the 40 maybe I could place them high on the liverock closer to the lights. I have close to 900wts on the 150

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Neither.

• Other.

Back