Lighting?

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone out there in aquariland I'm new to the Reefing community and would like some feed back on lighting choices I know there's a lot of products out there but I'm leaning towards Current USA pro Loops system my tank is 36x20x18 peninsula style tank i've read some good thing s on this light and also there good pricing for everything they do. Please I would love your feed back on what I should do.

Thanks guys

Gator1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef 2 reef - I'm not familiar with those lights, perhaps someone else can advise?

OP
OP
Albert bada

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok what lights would you recommend for this tank and it will have soft and hard corals plus fish but I don't want to spend to much money on the lights but also I don't want to buy trash.

Thanks

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you ask ati t5 fixture every time soft and hard corals love the light and later on if you decide that you want to get into sps or other high light needing corals you wont have to upgrade.

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run aquaneat led's yes there cheap only put out 90 watts but they look good and the coral love it.
downloadfile-5.jpg
downloadfile-7.jpg
downloadfile-6.jpg

OP
OP
Albert bada

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the Suggestions I went with AquaIlluminations Ai prime hd's I should be getting my custome tank by Thursday I can't wait any longer me anxiety is killing me. The tank is 36x20x18 Starfire glass 1/2 inch thick with black silicone finish. I got the sump for a refugium and would like your feed back on this but I know you can't go wrong with a wet dry system. I'll post some pics next week for tank and setup. I will be building my own stand.

Jose Moreno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built my own t5 fixture for under 200 bucks. Its on par with the best ati fixtures out there. Active cooling, great reflectors, and dual channel.

I can post pics if youre still looking to build a light.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back